Domain Name Registration and Renewals
Registration/ renewal may be from 1 to 9 years. All domain renewal notifications will be sent to the email address on record from the registrar. Our domain name pricing structure is as follows:
New Pricing as of March 2018
.com domain names
|1 - 3 years||........||$22 per year|
|4 - 6 years||........||$20 per year|
|7 - 9 years||........||$18 per year|
.net and .org domain names
|1 - 3 years||........||$25 per year|
|4 - 6 years||........||$23 per year|
|7 - 9 years||........||$21 per year|
Other TLDs available. Contact for pricing.
Domain Name Registration Agreements
Listed below are RJT Design User's domain name registration agreements with our wholesale domain name providers. Customer's registering a domain name with RJT Design and our wholesale provider must agree to all the terms listed for each agreement.
and .org domain name registration agreement
(Updated: November 30, 2016)
Domain Name Registration/ Renewal
Domain Names are usually registered for a one year period and must be renewed promptly in order to insure operation. Allowing your domain to expire can result in a registrar hold on your name for up to 85 days and/or total loss of your name. If you fail to renew your domain by its expiration date you may be able to renew at the same price up to 30 days after expiration. After that, if possible, it will cost significantly more to retain your domain, so please renew your domain as early as you can. To check your domain expiration click on the link below.
ICANN's new rules
Your domain will be disabled if you don't verify it
Starting January 2014, everyone must verify their domain contact information. This rule was set by the internet's governing body ICANN and affects all generic top-level domains (gTLDs) such as .COM, .NET, .ORG.
When you register a domain with new contact details, transfer an existing domain or change the registrant or email address on your contact information, you will receive a verification email with an activation link. If you don't respond to this email, your domain will be disabled after 15 days.
You need to verify your contact details if you:
- purchase a domain for the first time
- updated your account details
- transferred a domain and changed the contacts
If you don't respond to this email verification within 15 days, your website will be replaced by a page displaying a verification error, along with instructions on how to fix it.
As soon as you are able, please ensure that your domain name is associated with a valid email address.
ICANN's new transfer policy
On December 1, 2016, ICANN will enforce a new transfer policy that modifies the process of changing domain ownership from one registrant to another. The implementation of the policy will be imposed on all registrars.
It can be summarized as follows:
- It will no longer be possible to change the registrant of a domain name with a simple domain modification request.
- Any changes to first name, last name, organization or email address fields for the owner of any gTLD domain name will now start a trade process.
- The process involves obtaining explicit confirmation from current and new registrants before a change can be completed.
- After a change of registrant has been completed, previous and new registrant will receive a confirmation notice informing them that the change has completed
- After a change of registrant has been completed, the domain is by default locked for transfers to a new registrar for the following 60 days
More Details can be found here